Please read the information below which gives details of our Pupil Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
The government give schools specific money so that we can support children who have been on free school meals within the last six years, or in local authority care. We use this money to help these children to achieve high academic standards and also to support them to participate in all aspects of school life.
Does your child qualify for the Pupil Premium?
If your child qualifies for free schools meals or you are in the armed forces, the school will, in return, receive additional funding to support them. Please follow the link below to see if you meet the criteria, or alternatively, please contact the school office for further guidance.
What we are doing in 2018/2019
In addition to the provisions used in 2017-2018 we are:
- Continuing to monitor and analyse the progress and attainment of Pupil Premium children.
- Class teachers will continue to carry out pupil conferencing to measure the impact of support and intervention on the targets for individual pupils.
- Children will continue to receive regular intervention for a shorter period of time supporting them in achieving their targets.
- Refining approaches to feedback and teacher assessment
- Improving language development and the level of oracy skills across the school, with a particular focus in EYFS and Year 1 for early intervention.
- Maintaining the high outcomes for all children, particularly those who are vulnerable and disadvantaged, across all subjects at the end of key stages.
- Monitoring and improving academic performance for pupil premium pupils accessing pastoral support.
- Continue to improve the attendance and punctuality, particularly for vulnerable pupils working with the Education Welfare Officer.